A paid mentorship program for early-career Ruby developers
Build up professional development experience by contributing to open source projects with the help of a mentor. RubyMe pairs early-career developers from under-represented backgrounds with seasoned Rubyists.
Choose specific areas to focus on. Get paid for 8 hours per month, learning best practices from experienced developers and contributing to Ruby open source.
What you’ll work on
Whether you’re looking for your first developer job, or if you have some experience, you’ll have the opportunity to hone your skills. Working alongside a mentor, you’ll contribute to a Ruby open source project, where you’ll focus on a specific area, such as:
- Issue Triage
During the course of the program you’ll get to refine skills, such as:
- Leveling up on Ruby fundamentals
- Contributing to open source
- Pair programming
- Conducting effective code reviews
- Time management
- Communication & collaboration
How it works
- Early-career developers (with a firm grasp of Ruby fundamentals) apply for a spot in the three-month long program. If you’re a recent bootcamp grad, career switchers, or developer employed at the junior level, we’re looking for you.
- Once selected, mentees will get matched with an experienced Ruby developer. Together, they’ll choose an open source project to work on, and a goal to aim for during the 3 month program.
- Mentors and mentees will meet and work together up to 8 hours every month, including documenting and sharing the results of their work. Each mentor and mentee will be paid USD$75 per hour for their work at the end of each month.
- We will accept applications for apprentices and mentors about once every 3 months, and continue to add apprentices and mentors over time.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Applications are now closed. Subscribe to the Ruby Me newsletter below or follow @rubytogether on Twitter to learn when applications open for our next session.